Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Day At The Huntington Dog Beach


When the hubs asked me what I'd like to do for my birthday (last week), I instantly said "go somewhere where we can take Gigi with us". There was no way I was going to celebrate my birthday while she sat at home in her crate. It just seemed wrong.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a cute furry face.

The original plan was to head to San Diego for a few days, we found this amazing hotel that specializes in human and dog guests. However, we didn't have the moola to head that way so we opted to a fun day at the local dog beach.

If you've never been, I highly suggest you make a trip to Huntington Beach for a fun day at the Huntington Dog Beach. Dogs can run free off the leash, without judgment, make tons of new friends.

You may notice in the photo's  that G's on her leash, and it's not because we're being mean, truth is this girl runs faster than a jack rabbit and doesn't like to come back when called. Yeah, we still have some training to do.

Leash or no leash, she (the hubs and I) had an absolute blast.









Huntington Dog Beach is located on PCH, between Seapoint Ave & 21st Street.
If you want to enter an address into your GPS, use 100 Goldenwest St. Huntington Beach, CA
Hours: 5 am - 10 pm / open 365 days a year.

*Note: There's tons of parking on PCH but they have meters so take plenty of change (no credit card meters). If you don't mind walking, there's usually lots of parking in the residential area across PCH - but it's about a 2-3 block walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment